So, its finally over. The anticipation, the excitement and the nervousness. How would my last competitive debating tournament for NTU be? Apparently, there is no straight answer. I have to say that its the best trip I have ever been on though.
Lets start off with the good shall we?
– James’ house, yellow and purple walls
– Pastries in the car from Clark to Manila, they were awesome
– Roller blading with James’ brother (and not landing on my ass even once!)
– Yves and his pekpek shorts
– Pancake house, truly the best taco in town and they serve some mean waffles as well
– Dairy Queen’s Tropical mango fruit passion milkshake – to die for
– Lazy boy (remember joey and chandler’s arm chairs in Friends?) theatres, so wish I could have seen a movie in one!
– San Miguel beer – almost up there with Erdinger and Rugenbrau
– The city of Intramuros, beautiful and ancient
– UST, absolutely loved the view from the top of the sports podium
– Ginataang lang ka and veggie filipino dishes
– Don’t ever call iced-tea a “chick drink”. It’s the unofficial national drink of the Philippines and you will never hear the end of it.
– Don’t sing at a karaoke bar if you are a sucky singer. You could get killed. (not that it stops the filipinos)
– Don’t ever tell a bunch of girls that you will kick their ass at arcade games. Women play arcade games in the Philippines and you will end up embarassing yourself.
– Breaking as NTU B. 10th place was not too bad for a team without Baldie, our inspirational captain and team mate last year
– Better ofcourse was meeting NTU A in the octos. Wishing I had broken anywhere except 10th so that I would not have met them
– Losing my last competitive debate for NTU to NTU A. Absolutely hated that.
– Apparently I was best speaker of the debate against NTU A. Consolation prize is a bitch
– Becoming CA for the next AUDC
– Debating with Aqilah – the most committed and sincere debater I have seen after NMK. I hope she achieves greatness one day
– Doing wonderful debates against UPM B and Ateneo B. Lost both rounds but they were the ones I enjoyed the most.
– Chrys a.k.a Bogit’s speech during the 4th round of AUDC (UPM B), truly great speech
– Reply speeches. I love ‘em.
– Getting an average of above 76 for the tournament.
– Watching PUT A, Bobby, Carl and Franco give some amazing speeches during the UST IV’s